Make a Donation to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Please consider making a tax-deductible gift to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. You may make a credit card gift using a secure form hosted by the Stanford University Office of Development. The gift will be put into a special account that is reserved for the exclusive use of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Make a gift using the secure online donation form
You will be taken to a page at the Stanford Office of Development preselected for the special account reserved for the "Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy".
Alternative Methods of Donation
- Credit card gifts can also be made by calling the Stanford Office of Development toll-free at (866) 543-0243. Tell the person on the phone you wish to make a donation to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy and to please make sure the gift is deposited in the special account reserved for the SEP.
- If you prefer to make a gift by check in U.S. dollars,
- make out your check to "Stanford University".
- on the Memo line, write "Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy".
- mail it to:
The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
PO Box 20466
Stanford, CA 94309-0466
- You may also send a check drawn on a foreign currency, but please note that there are large banking fees associated with processing a check of this kind. The Stanford Development Office is not allowed to process foreign checks in any amounts less than the equivalent of U.S. $250. Please use a credit card for donations smaller than this amount.
- International donors may be able to realize tax benefits through gifts. See the Development Office page of Information for International Donors and be sure to mention that you want to direct your gift to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy when you talk to one of the people listed on that page.