Notes to Black Reparations
1. See, for example, (Sher 1979). Compare Robert Nozick's well known statement: “Something fully compensates…person X for Y's action A if X is no worse off receiving it, Y having done A, than X would have been without receiving it if Y had not done A” (Nozick 1974, p. 57).
2. See, for example, (Morris 1974) or (Levin 1980).
3. Passages on the third problem are taken from from (Boxill 2003).
4. (Boxill 1972) suggested this argument. A more recent statement is in (Kershnar 1999).
5. (Waldron 1992). See also (Lyons 1977).